Friday, August 12, 2011

The Book Of Mormon Is True!


While serving my mission in the Referral Center I have been ask many times why I am a Member of this church, and why I believe in the book of Mormon.  There have been many people who have tried to convince me that this church isn’t true and that the book of Mormon isn’t true.  And ask me to give them some kind of evidence that it is all true. My answer to those people is simply that I know that the book of Mormon is true because I have read it and prayed to ask God if it was true. And I have received an answer and I know that it is true. I know that anyone who reads the book of Mormon with real intent, having faith in Christ can also come to know it is true. I love the powerful testimony of Elder Holland. I know that he was called of God to testify of Christ and the truthfulness of His Gospel and of the Book of Mormon.

 In the Introduction of the book of Mormon in the second to last paragraph is say’s: “We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost. Those who gain this divine witness from the Holy Spirit will also come to know by the same power that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, that Joseph Smith is his revelator and prophet in these last days, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord’s Kingdom once again established on the earth, preparatory to the second coming of the Messiah.”  I know that the book of Mormon is true!  I know that by reading it, it can change people’s lives, and it has, and it has and will help people come closer to Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment