Monday, August 1, 2011

Do Our Steps Match Up?

These past couple of weeks Elder Spencer has been teaching me how to put together a Rubik’s cube. There are many steps to putting a Rubik’s cube back together so that all the colors are matching up. As you are doing one of the steps if you make one wrong move and you keep going it can ruin the whole thing, so you have to stop and look at what step you did wrong and go back and fix it right away. And then keep going. If you don’t go back to fix what you have done wrong the problem can get bigger.  As I was learning how to put the Rubik’s cube together I would always mess up and have to stop and find out what I did wrong and fix it and then keep going to the next step and as I kept messing up a thought came to me of how putting the Rubik’s cube together is like Repenting. I know it is a weird way to think of it but let me explain.


In our lives we are always learning, and making mistakes and it isn’t always easy. Sometimes we make mistakes, and as we make mistakes, we need to repent. In repentance there are steps that we need to take also just like the steps we take when we are putting the Rubik’s cube together. The first step is when we repent we first realize that we have done something wrong and accept that what we have done is wrong. The second step is when we realize we have done something wrong we feel sorry for what we have done wrong. The third step is to confess what we have done, and fix what you did wrong. And the fourth step is, don’t do it again.  Then when we have fixed what we have done wrong we can keep going.  But if we don’t stop and look at what we have done wrong and keep going, the mistakes that we have done will keep getting bigger. Until we go back and fix them. And we have to always be doing that in our lives because we will always make mistakes.

 I know that sometimes realizing that you have done something wrong and going back to change it is not always easy, but I know that it will be worth it. And I know that as we always try to become better and always fix the mistakes that we have done that we will come closer to our Savior Jesus Christ.  And we will see the blessings that come from repenting. In Preach My Gospel, it says, “The second principle of the gospel is repentance. Our faith in Christ and our love for Him lead us to repent, or to change our thoughts, beliefs, and behaviors that are not in harmony with His will. I am so grateful for the sacrifice that Jesus Christ did for us, that made it possible for us to repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment