Monday, July 11, 2011

Never Give Up!

This past week in the referral center has been an amazing week. Elder Spencer and I have found some amazing people to teach.  As I have been talking to these great people I have been thinking about how we should never give up in life even when things are going bad and you feel like all hope is gone. I know that there have been times in my life when I felt that all hope was gone and that I couldn’t keep going , but with the help of Jesus Christ I could keep going and He made it possible for me to keep going, and help me through the hard times I was going through.  A great example of never giving up is Abinadi from the book of Mormon. Abinadi was sent from God to teach the people of King Noah. And King Noah was mad because Abinadi was telling his people that they needed to repent.  King Noah told his priests to kill Abinadi so they threw Abinadi into jail.  After spending three days in prison, Abinadi was brought to King Noah. The King told Abinadi to take back what he had said against him and his people. King Noah said that if he did not deny all he had said, he would be killed. Abinadi was willing to die then take back what he had said because he knew that he had spoken the truth.  King Noah ordered his priests to kill Abinadi. They tied him up, whipped him, and burned him to death.
 What a great example of never giving up! Even though he knew that the king would kill him for not denying all that he had said he didn’t deny it He would rather die. Because he knew that it was the truth.  Another great and perfect example of never giving up is from our Savior Jesus Christ He came to this earth and died for us. At any moment he could have said that He didn’t want to do it anymore and he could have stopped what he was doing. But he didn’t He kept going. And I am so great full that He did! I am so grateful for what He did for me.  Elder Bednar came to the MTC a couple of weeks ago and talk to all the missionaries in a devotional and talked about being Preach My Gospel missionaries and told us what we needed to be doing to be Preach my gospel missionaries. And at the end he said “you can do this!” even though you are going through a hard time, even though you feel like giving up. You can do this! I know that as we go through those hard times that our Savior Jesus Christ can help us though our hard times, because He knows what we are going through. I know that this church is true I am so glad that I have had the opportunity to serve a mission and teach others about Our Savior Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment