Monday, July 4, 2011

Starting My Mission: Trained Again

I just finished my training in the mtc it was a really good experience for me. Before I came to the mtc for the training I had spent about six months coming to the referral center and working with the full time elders here. It was a great experience for me. When I got to the mtc I didn’t think that I would have to do the three week training because I had already been working in the referral center for so long. I thought that I already know everything that I needed to know to serve a mission.  So when I got to the mtc  and they told me that I was going to be in training for three weeks I was kind of sad about it, I didn’t know why I had to do the training if I had already been coming for six months. But the Lord knew that I needed the training He knew what I needed.
 And as I started my mtc training I began to realize that I knew very little, and that I needed a lot more training. During these past three weeks I have learned so much. I have learned things that I thought I already knew. I learned a lot from my teachers and from everyone in my district. The lord humbled me and taught me that I needed more training. I know that Our heavenly father and Jesus Christ know each one of us, he knows our weaknesses and he knows our strengths.
  In Ether 12:27 it says.  “And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness, I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.”  I know that this scripture is true. I know that if we humble ourselves and have faith in Christ He will make our weaknesses become strong.  I’m so thankful for the opportunity that I have to serve a mission. I know that this church is true and that Our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ restored it back to this earth through Joseph Smith. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that we can come closer to Our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ by reading it. 

1 comment:

  1. We are super glad to have you with us Elder Corbett! You're already a great inspiration and blessing to us!

    ReplyDelete